Friday, January 30, 2009

On the Bad List- Cats and the Weather Man!

Last night, I was all warm and snug when I was woken up at 1:30 AM. By what? CATS!

The back of our house is up against the woods, and we have several strays that live back there. Well, one of the females must have been in heat and had two of the males fighting over her. These dumb male cats decided to have it out right outside my bedroom window! One of them must have jumped up on the window sill, and the other one jumped up after him! They were BANGING off of my window! If I didn't hear the screeching first I would have thought it was a burglar or something.

So, at the lovely hour of 1:30 AM, I was listening to the moaning of a female cat in heat, with two screeching males fighting over her. By time I got my tired brain to think strait and get up to scare them off, they already ran away. Needless to say, I was tired this morning!

I am not the biggest fan of cats because I am allergic. I do not mind them hanging around outside because I think they keep away rodents. Now those cats have made the bad list.

Also making the bad list is the weather man!

Last night I watched the local news and he stated that there would be a dusting of snow here today. I sent A off to school (today was a half day). About an hour after he leaves I get a call from MIL who is picking him up that the roads are horrible. Mr Rock claims that he swept at least 4 inches off the car. The roads were bad enough until A was picked up (of course!). By the late afternoon, everything was clear.

I opened the door to get a pic of this "dusting" and look who was outside of my back door!




The cat just stood there and stared right back at me! I really wish I knew if this was the male or female. Either way- I hope cat mating season is over!
This is a shot of my street (yes it is there!) with the "dusting" Yes, my candy canes are STILL up, I am married to one lazy dude!


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh the cats........the pesky kitties!

Love the candy canes. I just took my stuff down this afternoon, while the kids played. If I waited for Chris, they would be there until next Christmas!