Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finally- Christmas Pictures!

Christmas Eve

Christmas Eve here was unseasonably warm! We went to church and then to turkey dinner at Grandma's. After we got home the big kids went out to sprinkle the reindeer food that they got from their teachers at school.

Here is G sprinkling hers (you can see she wasn't getting the concept of spreading it out)





A (in true oldest child fashion) was a perfectionist about getting it ALL over!




They were nice enough to share some with K.





After the reindeer food is all sprinkled, you must spin around three times and yell- I have been good all year!


The kids really enjoyed doing this and I look forward to doing it again next year.



We also let the kids exchange the gifts that they got for each other at the secret Santa shop on Christmas eve. Then it was time for bed.




I managed to get a pic of all the presents under the tree before bed! You will notice the gift me and Mr Rocks got- the new TV. It was actually NEEDED and it cut out a hefty chunk of out of our Christmas budget. As you can see, Mr Rocks has been enjoying watching football.



Christmas Day

On Christmas morning I was woken up at the lovely time of 6:15 to excited children anxious to tell me that Santa had arrived. By 7:15, everyone was up, present were opened and this is what we were left with:





After all was cleaned up, we were ready to go.

I made breakfast at my in laws. We stayed the whole day. It was a very nice day. The kids got a ton of gifts and they were very happy with everything. I was so worried about it, because times have been so tough and of course I was worried that we didn't have enough gifts. Turns out that I worried for no reason, they had plenty to make them happy! I am so thankful to have a wonderful husband and children!

2 comments:

Karla said...

Looks like a wonderful Christmas!!!

Stacey said...

It looks like you guys had a great christmas!!