Monday, January 26, 2009

I Made It Monday

G's birthday is this week, but her party was this past Friday. She requested Topsy Turvy Lasagna. I have also heard of it called lazy lasagna, either way it is YUMMY!




The Ingredients:
1 pound of ground meat
1 jar of spaghetti sauce (I used a frozen kind made at at a local restaurant since we are HFCS free)
1 package of egg noodles
1 package of mozzarella cheese (8 oz)
1 small container of ricotta cheese (the original recipe called for 1 cup of cottage cheese, but I HATE cottage cheese)


Directions:
Brown ground meat, then add in the sauce and simmer for 10 minutes. While this is going on, cook the noodles. Be careful to not over cook, because they will bake in the oven for a bit.

Once the noodles are cooked, and the sauce is done, mix them together adding the ricotta, and 1/2 the mozzarella. Put into a greased casserole dish.


It will look like this:

Top with the remaining mozzarella and you get this:


Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 min.
I have made this several times, and it works very well as a make ahead dish. I usually make it the day before a party.
I forgot to take a picture when it came out of the oven. By time I remembered, it was almost all gone!




It was very good! Everyone loves this!
There will be more to come about the birthday party- on another day. I am too tired today!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I am going to have to try this one for sure!