Friday, January 16, 2009

A Night With my Girl

Today there was no school. Like most everyone else in America, we are in deep freeze!

By about 5:00 I had enough, cabin fever was already setting in! I decided to take G to Target to have her birthday pictures done. Lucky for us, they had an opening!

I got her outfit on, did her hair and we were off.

Only it wasn't so simple. I went and started the van, came in and got her bundled up, but there was still ice on the windshield. Then her door was frozen. Which is a big deal when there are 4 car seats in there! But FINALLY we were on the way!

The photographer was behind when we got there (big surprise) so we went to shop while we waited. Target is my number one favorite store. Today was even better! They had 30% off clearance clothes! WHOO HOOO! I went through all 4 kids departments and got each of the kids something. Nothing was over $3! The only bummer was by time I went to look for myself the $9 stuff seemed too expensive!

G did so good for her pics and I can not wait to get them back. I had a hard time choosing.

After Target we went to eat and we had such a nice time. We talked "fancy" talk and made plans for her birthday. She decided that she wants chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, vegetables with ranch dip, and hard boiled eggs. And of course cake. A Hello Kitty cake to be exact. I can not wait!

I love these special one on one times with the kids, and this one was a hit! It was exactly the kind of night that i needed to remind me why I had kids!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

That is great! I cant wait to see the pics! I guess I will go check out Target today for some good deals!

Karla said...

Sounds like a special evening!!

Stacey said...

That sounds like you girls had fun. It is so nice to spend one on one time with children.

Emily said...

Wow- she is growing up!