Monday, January 19, 2009

I made it Monday

This week I made another diet unfriendly food- Overnight Carmel Cinnamon Rolls. I have seen these several times all over the interwebz, but I used a recipe I found on Momster (bonus- she is a Steelers fan!)


Here are the ingredients:
1 package of frozen bread rolls
1/2 cup of brown sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 package of butterscotch COOK AND SERVE pudding- NOT INSTANT!
1/4 cup of butter


Grease a bundt pan, I used Crisco. Put the rolls in the bottom of the pan- I only used half of the bag. Sprinkle the package of pudding over the rolls.



Next, melt all the other stuff in the microwave. I did this in a handy dandy Pyrex measuring cup. When it is done it smells wonderful!


Drizzle the melted goodness over the rolls. The laws of science will prevail- the hot mixture will want to fall off the frozen rolls! Don't worry, it is all good. Use a scraper to make sure you get it all out of the cup. It is yummy if you lick it too!
You will leave it like this all night while you go to bed.



When you wake up in the morning- the rolls will have raised, and will look like this! Put them in a 350 oven for 23- 30 minutes.



Your rolls will look like this when they are done. They smell DELICIOUS while they are baking!
After they are cooked, let them cool for about 5-10 minutes and turn them over onto a plate, or something else that is big enough to hold them. I used a pizza pan.




This is the end result- Yummy, gooey goodness!
All the kids were off today, and I had an extra kid here today too. Between 4 kids and 2 adults, we ate about 1/2 of this for breakfast. They are still good later in the day. Just do not ask how they are the next day- they didn't last that long at the Rocks house!


7 comments:

Karla said...

That looks waaay too yummy!!! Going to have to try that one soon. Thanks for the extra pounds, I mean recipe! lol

Rebecca said...

OH MY! That would ruin my diet for sure!

Stephanie said...

It looks like monkey bread!! Damn Weight Watchers.....I want want wannnntttt this!!!!

Stephanie said...

P.S. I LOVE your name...lol TANYA ROCKS! lol- my bestfriends name is Tanya! She will LOVE your blog!

Lisa and Curtis said...

Ooh, yum! I saw this on the BHB but was too scared to try it but you give me hope! I will have to do this soon!

~B. said...

Mmmmmm...I just made that last weekend again. My stomach is complaining here while looking at your photos, despite the fact that I just had a whole wheat bagel. ;)

Hi there and thanks for linking me. :)

Emily said...

Those look freakin' delicious, Tanya!