Saturday, November 1, 2008

Spooktacular

Here is the gang on the way to trick or treat! We had a Batman, Sleeping Beauty, a chickie, and a Nittany Lion! Poor little chickie had a hard time quacking along in that costume, so we only walked for about an hour. We still have way too much candy!


The big kids had parades at school which the little kids and niece loved! They saw so many of their favorite characters, like scooby doo, and they got a ton of laughs out of a few sumo wrestlers!


In case you didn't know, Halloween is my favorite "holiday" of the year. I know it isn't a real holiday, and I think that is why I love it. I always love the dress up and the escape from the everyday life! Not to mention the candy is always good. You may wonder why Christmas isn't my fav. To be honest, I love Christmas in it's true meaning. I just hate the hustle and bustle. People in a mad rush to get shopping done, presure to get people just the right gift. Not to mention when you get to the actual day, running from house to house! I need a vacation after Christmas! Don't get me wrong- I really, really love Christmas! But I never once heard someone say they get depressed at Halloween like I hear about Christmas.

1 comment:

Karla said...

I lpve the costumes, especially the chickie!!! Glad the kiddos had fun!