Saturday, October 18, 2008

Crust

In all my mothering experience, I have leaned a lot, and that makes me feel smart. But since I have been a mother, I have never felt more clueless.

One particular mystery I would love to solve- why on Earth will kids NOT eat crust? I have cut the crust off with a handy dandy cruster a few times, but since we switched bread, the handy dandy cruster does not work (it is a different shape). It has literally been years, and I am pretty sure that A was the only one to have had a sammich with crust cut off. I make many kinds of sammich for the kids, pb&j, grilled cheese, turkey, salami. No matter what is on it, the poor crusts go in the trash. It isn't even MY kids that do this, Rocking niece AV does it too. For awhile there, I was convinced that my children were weird.

I have asked WHY they don't want to eat them. A told me he doesn't like them. G just shrugged, K told me they are not cute and AV said the she just wasn't hungry.

It isn't just poor sammich crust. Pizza crust is also a victim. Although, I can see the pizza crust a little because it CAN get a little chewy, especially on a reheated piece.

It is hard for me to understand, because i am the weirdo that prefers to eat the crust. I even like the heels of the loaf.

I don't get it, but I hope that crust doesn't feel bad because the little people don't like them!

RIP crust.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I totally agree with you. It is amazing. My boys do not eat the crust either. Justin tells me it taste funny.

Rebecca said...

Isn't that weird? When you find the answer, let me know!