Monday, February 23, 2009

I made it Monday

I had a few browning bananas last week and two bored girls, so we made Banana bread.
Someone gave me THIS recipe a few years ago. It is great because it is almost fat free and very easy to make with kids!
I have made a few changes to the recipe, based on reviews.

The ingredients:
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup white sugar (I used BROWN sugar instead)
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 egg whites
1 cup banana, mashed (I used 3 bananas)
1/4 cup applesauce (I used 1/2 cup, UNSWEETENED applesauce- regular applesauce has High fructose corn syrup and we don't eat that here)
Mix all the dry ingredients. Mash the banana's. You will get this:
Add the applesauce, egg whites, and mashed bananas. Stir just until all the ingredients are blended.
It will look like this:
Bake in the oven at 350 for 50 to 55 min in a greased loaf pan.
When it is done it will look like this:



Banana bread is one of those classic things that everyone in the Rocks house loves. Everyone had fun making it too!

No comments: