Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Welcome, 2010

With the new year comes the usual wave of resolutions. Well, this past month has been especially hectic, so I was a little behind in getting started on my new goals.

I always like to set goals for myself every so often, not just at New Years.

This year I have the usual- get healthy, drink more water, and give up Diet Coke.

The goal to succeeding with goals is to have a plan of action!

My plan- I want to get back to working out 5-6 days a week. This is going to be tricky with working. I know that millions of mom's work out of the home and still manage to work out, so I know it CAN be done, but I have to figure it out for me. I work evenings, so I was planning to do my runs on the treadmill in the morning after the big kids go to school. This plan has hit a major road bump because Little Boy has figured out how to climb out of the play pen. Now I just need to figure out something to do with him while I run. He is just at the holy-terror-almost 2 stage right now and it had me stumped! I have been going to Zumba when my work schedule allows.

As for the water- I just need to do it. My goal is 5 bottles a day.

Give up the Diet Coke. This is a toughy. I don't drink coffee, so this is my caffeine. I know the horrors of Diet Coke (well, any aspartame) and I still drink it. I plan to wean off gradually. I am currently down to 3 cans a day (I drank a lot, shamefully). I don't think that i will ever be totally off it, but i don't want my body to be dependant on it.

I also want to blog more. I need to let go of the idea that it needs to be super interesting and just remember that it is an outlet for me to get things out.

Next I want to talk about my decade, so be on the watch.

3 comments:

Kara said...

Good goals! I didn't know you were working out of the home.

Karla said...

Yay Tanya is back! I've missed your blog entries! Good luck working towards your goals. :)

Lisa and Curtis said...

I've missed them too! I know what you mean about finding time to work out. I don't technically work but I am at my brothers house a min of 8 hours/day most days, so it feels like it. It's hard to squeeze it in. I've been thinking about waking up at 5:30am to do it...and then I laugh and laugh. lol