Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My Decade

I started the decade with Mr Rocks, thinking that the people that thought that the world may end in the year 2000 were odd. I was happy to be celebrating my first new year over the age of 21 at a friends apartment- she was in fact the only friend that had an apartment at the time. It was a super fun night!

Flash forward 10 years. I was barely awake at midnight and laying in bed. So what happened in between there? A TON!

Between the years 2000-2009 (in no particular order)

-I got married

- had 4 babies

- lost 2 babies

- graduated college

- worked in 4 places, and at home

- lost a (step) parent

- Found religion

- became Catholic (not the same as finding religion, becoming Catholic is a process)

- became an aunt

- came to the realization that my true passion in life is motherhood, and that it is OK to not like to work, or want a career.

- Sometimes you have to work to do what is best for your family

- I learned everything I know about children through trial and error

- I made the best friends ever..... online

- I learned that no matter how bad something feels at the moment, life goes on

- I got a cell phone

- I got a laptop

- I learned to text message

- I bought a mini van *gasp*

- I moved 3 times

- had Starbucks for the first time

- watched many. many movies

- replaced most of the things that we received as wedding gifts already (who knew that stuff doesn't last that long!)

- learned that between the Internet and having a handy dandy husband- you can try to fix almost anything.

- I am really glad that I have a handy dandy husband

1 comment:

Lisa and Curtis said...

I agree! Makes me want to do one like it! I just don't know if my memory is good enough. haha