Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rocks does a Gabba Party

About a year ago I stumbled upon Yo Gabba Gabba. I saw about a minute of it and said NEVER again!

Well we all know how that goes......

I gradually started to like Gabba. I figured since we are Rocks, and the "leader" is DJ Lance Rock, that maybe we have something in common.

Then K declared that she wanted a Gabba birthday party. Great. Only problem, there is NOTHING out there for a Gabba party! Luckily for me, I found a great site - Gabba Friends that had a bunch of party ideas .

Now, I do rock at a lot of things, but sewing is NOT one of them. So I asked for help from my wonderful Mother in Law. I handed her a picture and told her they were made from felt. She ended up with these:




Aren't they so cute? The kids LOVED them! Since they were all different shapes and sizes, I wasn't able to put the same stuff in each, but it all worked out.

Now, you can't have a party with out hats. We looked for some material that would work for the hats, but we didn't have much luck. On our way home we decided to make a quick stop at Dollar Tree. In the toy section there were orange cowboy style hats. JACKPOT! All that we needed to do was cut off the brim. I cut a star burst shape from white foam and cut out yellow stars. I then added some glitter glue to jazz them up a bit.

Here is the birthday girl in her DJ Lance hat:


It was 90 degrees here the day of her party, so the kids didn't keep them on too long!
I also found this idea on Gabba Friends:


What is it is a printout that is available on Nick Jr glued to a box of animal crackers! I used them for centerpieces and tied balloons to the handle.
They also did not have any cake kits available at the bakery that we use for Yo Gabba Gabba. My sister works at the store and gave a picture to the bakery lady and she came up with this:

I think that it turned out pretty awesome!





Lucky for us, everyone had a great time, especially the birthday girl!



4 comments:

Karla said...

Fantastic party Mama Rocks! Very creative ideas and it looks like everyone had fun. :)

Rebecca said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!
You are one Rockin Momma!

Laurie said...

Wow! Thanks for the shout out!

Your party turned out absolutely darling!!! Way to go, Tanya!!

Lisa and Curtis said...

Oh my gosh, I seriously bow down to your creativity! That looks like it must have been an awesome par-tay!! Happy belated bday to the bday girl!