Monday, May 4, 2009

I Made it Monday

A few years ago, my oldest friend in the world reminded me of these awesome bars we used to get in elementary school. On the school menu, they called them Hollywood Squares. No idea of why they were called that, but they were so awesome!

Off I went to All Recipes to search by ingredient. I came up with this- Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. After I made them and everyone loved them, I honestly got tired of saying the long name. Now, we call them Tanya Rocks Bars.

The ingredients:


1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups peanut butter
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips



First, melt the butter. Then mix it with all the other ingredients except the chocolate chips. It will look like this:

Press the mixture into a 9x13 pan. Then melt the chocolate chips.

Pour the melted chocolate over the peanut butter mixture.


Cool the bars in the refrigerator for at least an hour.
Enjoy!



These are super yummy and super easy!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

YUMMY!!!!

Kelly said...

Oh my! I have to try these!!

Lisa and Curtis said...

Yummmmmy! Do you think they would melt if you sent some to HI? lol I'm lay like that. jk
I will have to try these.